Genesis Aluminium Intermediate Movement Joints
Innovative medium duty aluminium movement Joint
- Provides adequate protection to the edge of the floor coverings
British Standard BS 5385 recommends that a Joint should be able to absorb 20% of the width of the Joint in movement accommodation
|Black, dark grey
How do I install this product?
Ensure the correct depth of profile is selected according to the tile depth.
Using a suitable notched trowel spread tile adhesive onto the floor in accordance with the manufacturer's guidelines.
Firmly bed the adhesive into the adhesive in the correct location - make sure that the adhesive penetrates the holes in the flange.
Spread the adhesive over the the anchoring legs and bed the tiles firmly into the adhesive (best practice is for the profile to be approximately 1mm lower than the tile).
A grout joint should be left between the tile and the profile.
Does this product require any maintenance?
To achieve the most favourable performance, please follow the maintenance instructions below.
1. Regular maintenance of the profile will help prolong the life of the product. A build up of dirt and grease can prove hazardous and also affect the appearance of the profile.
2. Firstly, any excess dirt should be removed by using a quality vacuum cleaner or a soft bristle brush. A harsh bristle will mark the material.
3. The profile should then be cleaned by using a soapless, neutral detergent in warm water on a damp cloth. They should then be rinsed with clean water, again using a soft, damp cloth.
4. Polishes will reduce anti-slip properties and solvent cleaners are not suitable.